Re: how to make text spanner not sticking out to the right

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: how to make text spanner not sticking out to the right
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 11:56:51 +0100 (CET)

>   \once \override TextSpanner.bound-details.right.attach-dir = #-6

Thanks.  However, this solution fails twice.

  1. The vertical position of the `a tempo' must not be shifted
     horizontally relative to the music.  In the example, the `a
     tempo' should exactly start at the last quarter note.

  2. In my real-world case, the `a tempo' still sticks out to the
     right.  In other words, your ad-hoc solution is too specific.

I've now solved the issue by inserting a \noBreak command – stupid me
that I haven't thought of that earlier :-)

    Werner