Centering chord diagram at top of page

From: address@hidden
Subject: Centering chord diagram at top of page
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 20:53:26 -0500

Good evening,

I'm working on a lead sheet and I would like to show chord diagrams at
the top of the page, as opposed to showing them over the staff for every
chord. Here's a simplified version of my score...

\version "2.19.11"

\include "predefined-guitar-fretboards.ly"

global = {
  \time 4/4
  \override Staff.TimeSignature.style = #'()
  \key e \major
  \tempo 4=120

}

% Insert blank line
\markup {
  \fill-line {

    \center-column  {
      " "

% Define fretboard diagrams
mychorddiagrams = \chordmode {
  b1 a
}

<<

  \context ChordNames {
    \mychorddiagrams
  }

  \context FretBoards {
    \override FretBoards.FretBoard.size = #'1.2

    \mychorddiagrams
  }

% Define chords
chordNames = \chordmode {
  \override ChordName.font-size = #2

  \global
  % Section A
  b1*2 a1*2

}

% Define melody
melody = \relative c'' {
  \global
  % Start of section A
  \mark \markup{ \tiny \box A }
  % bars 1-4
  r2 b8 cis dis fis8~ | fis4. fis8~fis8 e8 dis4 | e8 e dis b~b2 | a8 a
gis a~a gis e4 | \break

}

\score {
  <<
    \new ChordNames \chordNames
    \new Staff { \melody }

  \layout { indent = 0.0\cm }
  \midi { }
}

This is working fine except for one thing. I would like to center the
chord diagrams horizontally on the page. I tried with the markup syntax
that works for text but wasn't successful. Is this possible?

While we're at it, is there a more elegant way to leave a bit of extra
space above or below the chord diagrams? I can insert a blank line but
there has to be a better way.

Thanks for your help.