1. Refrain before verses 2. words for descant

From: James E. Bradley
Subject: 1. Refrain before verses 2. words for descant
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 20:25:13 -0600

I am using a template for generating some hymns, and I can't figure out a couple of things.
The template that I use is below.
1. What do I need to do to have a refrain before the verses, so that the stanza numbering is with the verses and not the refrain? For refrains in the middle or end, I just lengthen one of the verses, and it works out ok.
2. What do I need to do to get words printing for a descant?

The sopranoTune and altsopranoTune are the same notes, but are used to lessen the hassle of alligning words to notes when you want to use eighth notes with bars, but have words for each note.

Thank you.

%meat of template========================
\version "2.18.2"

\include "english.ly"
hideFlag = \once \override Flag #'transparent = ##t
longStem = \once \override Stem #'length = #9

\header
{

  title = "Sample"

}

global = {
  \override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'()
  \time 4/4
  \key g \major

  \override Score.MetronomeMark #'stencil = ##f
  \tempo 4 = 120
}

sopWords = \lyricmode
{
  \override Score . LyricText #'font-size = #-1
  \override Score . LyricHyphen #'minimum-distance = #1
  \override Score . LyricSpace #'minimum-distance = #0.8
  \set stanza = "1. "
  %{   %}
  la la la la la la la la
}
sopWordsTwo = \lyricmode
{
  \set stanza = "2. "
  %{   %}
  da da da da
}
descantWords = \lyricmode
{
  \set stanza = "1. "
  la la la la
}

descantTune = {
  \relative c'' {
   a4 a a a
  }
}%{   %}
sopranoTune = {
  \relative c'' {
    \autoBeamOff
    \hideNotes \stemUp b8 b b b b b b b
altsopranoTune = {
  \relative c'' {
    \autoBeamOff
    \stemUp b8[ b b] b[ b] b[ b b]
altoTune = {
  \relative c' {
    \autoBeamOff
    \stemDown  d4 d d d
tenorTune = {
  \relative c {
    \autoBeamOff
    \stemDown \longStem b'4 e, e \hideFlag e8 \hideFlag 8
bassTune = {
  \relative c {
    \autoBeamOff
    \stemDown  fs,4 fs fs fs8 fs

\score {
  <<
    %comment out the following four lines if there is no descant/
    \new Staff
       { \global
       \descantTune
     }
    \new Staff
    <<
      \new Voice = "sopranos" \with
      {
       }
      {
        \voiceOne
        \global
        \sopranoTune
      }
      \new Voice = "altsopranos"
      {
        \voiceOne
        \altsopranoTune
      }
      \new Voice = "altos"
      {
        \voiceTwo
        \altoTune
      }

      \new Lyrics = sopranos { s1 }
      \new Lyrics = sopranosTwo { s1 }
      \new Lyrics = descants { s1 }

    \new Staff
    <<
      \clef bass
      \new Voice = "tenors"
      {
        \voiceThree
        \global
        \tenorTune
      }

      \new Voice = "basses" \with
      {
      }
      {
        \voiceFour
        \bassTune
      }

    \context Lyrics = sopranos \lyricsto sopranos \sopWords
    \context Lyrics = sopranosTwo \lyricsto sopranos \sopWordsTwo
    \context Lyrics = descants \lyricsto descants \descantWords