Re: When does a grob gets its paper-column?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: When does a grob gets its paper-column?
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 08:47:51 -0600

Hi Urs,

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 6:19 AM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

in an engraver I have a reference to the current grob.

It seems that while in the acknowledgers routing this grob doesn't have a paper column set while in the finalze routine it has.

Is that correct, and I have to wait until the finalize stage until I can retrieve the rhythmic location of a grob?

Are you trying to _acknowledge_ the paper column?  Then I would think it would matter which context the Scheme engraver lives in.  You can always get the relevant NonMusicalPaperColumn by using (ly:context-property context 'currentCommandColumn) and the PaperColumn with 'currentMusicalColumn.

From the IR:

currentCommandColumn (graphical (layout) object)
Grob that is X-parent to all current breakable (clef, key signature, etc.) items.

currentMusicalColumn (graphical (layout) object)
Grob that is X-parent to all non-breakable items (note heads, lyrics, etc.).

HTH,
David