Re: isolated repeats or other signs

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: isolated repeats or other signs
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 17:03:09 +0100

Ok.

Pierre: That is what I'm looking for with the double slash. I have created the excerpt, but can test it....Thanks!

Mike Dean

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 10:02 AM, Pierre Perol-Schneider <address@hidden> wrote:
%% example %%

\version "2.18.2"

simile = \markup {
  \combine
  \translate #'(0.2 . 1.5)
  \draw-circle #0.22 #0 ##t
  \combine
  \translate #'(1.8 . 0.5)
  \draw-circle #0.22 #0 ##t
  \rotate #90
  \translate#'(0 . 2)
  \beam #2 #-1 #0.58
}

\markup {
  \simile\simile\simile
  %% some music
  \raise #1 \score { { c' c' c' c' } \layout { indent = 0 } }
  \simile\simile\simile
}

doubleSlash = \markup\concat {
  \rotate #90 \beam #2 #-1 #0.58
  \hspace #-.8
  \rotate #90 \beam #2 #-1 #0.58
}

\markup {
  \doubleSlash  \doubleSlash \doubleSlash
  %% some music
  \raise #-.5 \score { { c' c' c' c' } \layout { indent = 0 } }
  \doubleSlash \doubleSlash \doubleSlash
}

HTH,
Pierre

Hi:
I am looking for a way to use isolated repeat symbols to bracket an except of music I am setting (specifically, using three such symbols, the excerpt, and three such symbols)
Alternatively, could use one double-percent symbol at each end, without the dots...

Mike Dean