Re: Where are Lilypond Scheme functions documented?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Where are Lilypond Scheme functions documented?
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 15:06:30 -0600

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 2:27 PM, Peter Gentry <address@hidden> wrote:

>Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 22:16:12 +0100
>From: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
>To: lilypond-user <address@hidden>
>Subject: Where are Lilypond Scheme functions documented?

Have a look at music-scheme.cc in the Lily source files

LY_DEFINE (ly_music_property, "ly:music-property",
           2, 1, 0, (SCM mus, SCM sym, SCM val),
           "Return the value for property @var{sym} of music _expression_"
           " @var{mus}.  If no value is found, return @var{val} or"
           " @code{'()} if @var{val} is not specified.")

HTH but don't ask me to explain it!

This is part of the definition of the function.  The string above is used to automatically generate the documentation in the Internals Reference.   Compare the above what what we find at http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/internals/scheme-functions:

Function: ly:music-property mus sym val

Return the value for property sym of music _expression_ mus. If no value is found, return val or '() if val is not specified.

--David