Fret-diagram custom mark-ups - only placing 1 dot on fretboard

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Fret-diagram custom mark-ups - only placing 1 dot on fretboard
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 18:09:27 +0000

Ryan wrote:
>when I type 1-0 within the fret-diagram string, it bars across the whole
>1st fret,
>in addition to putting an open dot on A string.

Please create a tiny example and send it to address@hidden, as
described at

http://www.lilypond.org/bug-reports.html

I believe that this is a bug -- the barre indicator should not be placed
there.

But I think there may be some misunderstanding on your part; we don't
place a dot for an open string in our fret diagrams; we use an open
indicator (by default a circle above the string on the fret diagram).

In order to only place an indicator on one string, you will need to use
the fret-diagram-verbose form of the markup:

{
  \clef "G_8"
  a,^\markup {
    \fret-diagram-verbose #'(
      (open 5)
    )

The fret-diagram and fret-diagram-terse forms both expect to have all of
the strings defined as either open, mute, or fingered.

Thanks,

Carl