Re: Merge upStem quarter with downStem 16th

From: Stan Sanderson
Subject: Re: Merge upStem quarter with downStem 16th
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 12:13:26 -0600

(voice 1, that is, merged with a differently-headded 1/16 th)
isn’t the treble clef c a quarter note?

On Feb 3, 2015, at 11:47 AM, Knute Snortum <address@hidden> wrote:

I am working on a Debussy prelude and I have an odd measure where the up-stem quarter note is merge with the down-stem sixteenth (first beat, see attached picture).

<merge-quarter-with-sixteenth-want.png>
I have gotten this far with typesetting it, but as you can see, the stems aren't merged.

<merge-quarter-with-sixteenth.png>
​Any ideas on how to get this to work?  Might source file is below:

\version "2.19.15"
\language "english"

upperStaffTop = \relative c' {
  cs4 <cs' cs'> <cs' cs'> |
}

upperStaffBottom = \relative c' {
  cs16 d fs gs cs d fs gs cs gs fs d |
}

lowerStaffTop = \relative c {
  <<
    \new Voice {
      \voiceThree \crossStaff { cs4 } s2 |
    }
    \new Voice {
      \voiceFour cs16 d fs gs \stemUp cs \clef treble d fs gs cs gs fs d |

lowerStaffBottom = \relative c,, {
  <cs cs'>4 <cs'' cs'> \clef treble <cs' cs'> |
}

% --- Biolerplate

global = {
  \key a \major
  \time 3/4
}

upperStaff = {
  \clef treble
  \global
  <<
    \new Voice { \voiceOne \upperStaffTop }
    \new Voice { \voiceTwo \upperStaffBottom }

}

lowerStaff = {
  \clef bass
  \global
  <<
    \new Voice { \voiceThree \lowerStaffTop }
    \new Voice { \voiceFour \lowerStaffBottom }

}

\score {
  \new PianoStaff {
    <<