Re: Rehearsal mark an end of one system and another at the begin of next

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Rehearsal mark an end of one system and another at the begin of next system
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 00:07:39 +0100

Hi

I can’t help you out here. But I can briefly explain what happens. All these
commands act at the same point in time:

>     \override Score.RehearsalMark.self-alignment-X = #RIGHT
>     \override Score.RehearsalMark #'break-visibility = #end-of-line-visible
>     \mark\markup { \bold \italic Fine }%<===== want Fine at end %of 1st system
>     \break

>     \override Score.RehearsalMark.self-alignment-X = #LEFT
>     \override Score.RehearsalMark #'break-visibility = #begin-of-line-visible
>     \mark\def \repeat unfold 20 c4%<===== want standard rehearsal mark at
> %begin of next system

So you set the self-alignment to RIGHT and then to LEFT and the the visibility
to end-of-line and then to begin-of-line. This is because these two rehearsal
marks are not two but one thing.
Doing \override Score.RehearsalMark #'break-visibility = #all-visible
shows this mark on both sides. But does not help concerning the alignment and
the text.

The only workaround that I know is to put the Fine in a normal TextScript:

\version "2.19.15"

\relative c'' {
    \override Score.RehearsalMark.self-alignment-X = #RIGHT
    \repeat unfold 19 c4
    % want Fine at end of 1st system
    c4^\markup { \bold \huge \italic Fine }
    \break
    % want standard rehearsal mark at begin of next system
    \override Score.RehearsalMark #'break-visibility = #begin-of-line-visible
    \mark\default
    \repeat unfold 20 c4
    % reason for Fine at end of 1st system
    \override Score.RehearsalMark.self-alignment-X = #RIGHT
    \override Score.RehearsalMark #'break-visibility = #end-of-line-visible
    \mark\markup { \bold \italic "D.C. al Fine" }
}

However, the alignment is not to the bar line and it is not a good solution
concerning the extraction of parts. So I hope there is more help around here on
the list.

Cheers,
Joram