Re: Lyric syllables

From: Charles Johnson
Subject: Re: Lyric syllables
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 20:44:20 +0000

On 05/02/15 19:05, Brian Barker wrote:
You *have* missed the point here, I think. It is indeed not obvious what may affect what, so someone will have to experiment, removing details piecemeal until just before the problem disappears. The idea of minimal examples is that if you are not prepared to do some of the work in that investigation, why would anyone else want to do it for you? That seems a reasonable concept to me.
OK, i think i see what is meant now thank you

Incidentally, your syllable division is a bit irregular, I think. You have "sur-re-xit", which is right, I think, but also "su-rrex-it", which almost certainly isn't. Surely "be-ne-di-ca-mus", not "be-ne-dic-a-mus"? "Mu-lie-er-es" should surely be "mu-li-er-es"? "Pa-ssus" -> "pas-sus"? "Miserrimo": is that a word? Are there more?
Thanks, i'll tighten that up

C.