Re: Annotate

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Annotate
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 01:47:15 +0100

Am 06.02.2015 um 01:33 schrieb Craig Dabelstein:
Hi all,

Could I ask what sorts of things you class as a "Critical Remark" as opposed to a "Musical Issue"?

Well, of course it's basically up to the user.
But the intention is to use "musical issues" as "critical remarks" that haven't been fully decided.

Let's consider the case you're reviewing an edition. You will find strange things in the manuscript which you'll want to make notes about immediately. Now you can add a musical-issue annotation and leave it alone. In the course of your review you can change it to a critical-remark annotation or discard it.
We have used that with great success in a collaborative context of peer review, but I'm sure it will be very good also when working alone.

Urs

Craig