Re: musicxml2ly

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: musicxml2ly
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 12:08:08 +0000

On Fri, 2015-02-06 at 11:57 +0100, Jan-Peter Voigt wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> in the project, Iam currently working on, I am importing music-xml-files
> created by Score Perfect. I have to "repair" all of the files and remove
> the work-part. That way most files can be converted, but some files fail
> with the message:
> AttributeError: PartGroupInfo instance has no attribute
> 'set_part_information'
>
> Does anybody know, what to do with those files?
> I tried to import the files with Rosegarden and MuseScore with no
> success. I will try to use Finale Notepad with Wine on Ubuntu/64 14LTS.
>
> If you are familiar with this problem, I can send you the xml-files via
> private mail.

I'm very interested in musicxml output created by programs other than
finale, as the musicxml specification is open to a very wide
interpretation.
If you send me a failing example I would like to test importing to
LilyPond via Denemo. I should warn, though, that this is unlikely to be
of real benefit to you directly as this import to Denemo is pretty
basic. (The plus side of this is that it may work where more
sophisticated imports gag on less common syntax/semantics).

Richard