Re: Annotate and Lilyglyphs

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Annotate and Lilyglyphs
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 22:05:21 +0100

Am 06.02.2015 um 22:03 schrieb Noeck:
OK, the problem seems to be that the regular expression that matches "any text
between two "@" characters" doesn't correctly work when there are more than two
such characters in the string. I would have to sort out how that regular
expression can match these pairs independently.
Hi Urs,

this is known as ‘lazy’ and ‘greedy’ forms of regex patterns. It depends a bit
what kind of regex implementation you are using, but you can use these terms to
find help on the internet. E.g. here:
http://www.rexegg.com/regex-quantifiers.html#lazy_solution

Usually a question mark should solve this:
@.*@  versus  @.*?@

HTH,
Joram

Thanks, I'll have a look at it.
I had a vague idea in that direction, but as said I'm still very unfamiliar with regular expressions.

Urs