Re: centering full-measure objects (notes and/or rests)

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: centering full-measure objects (notes and/or rests)
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2015 21:35:06 -0500

Hi David,

> For the sake of completeness: full-measure-extra-space is a useful property

There is so much in the deep dark vaults of the Lilypond code about which I
know absolutely nothing…  =)

> Any centering would be trial-and-error, so there's a need for something
> automatic.

Yes!!

Here’s a double-hack, which works reasonably well in my relatively simple
(one-Staff) score:

\version "2.19.15"

testing = {
  c''4 c'' c''
  \override Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.full-measure-extra-space = 3
  c'' |
  \once \omit Score.TimeSignature \time 1/16 c''1*1/16
  \bar "|."
}

\layout { ragged-right = ##f }
\score { \testing }