Tablature - Hide Tied Notes

From: mike1951
Subject: Tablature - Hide Tied Notes
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 08:39:26 -0700 (MST)

I just recently upgraded to Fedora 21 which upgraded my Lilypond to 2.18.2.
In previous versions the tied notes were hidden, but now they remain
visible.  I had been using the following snippet to hide them, but it
doesn't seem to work anymore:

#(define (tie::tab-clear-tied-fret-numbers grob)
         (let* ((tied-fret-nr (ly:spanner-bound grob RIGHT)))
                 (ly:grob-set-property! tied-fret-nr 'transparent #t)))

Is there a new improved way to hide the tied notes using full-notation
tablature?

Mike