Re: Problem with r2. in two voices

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: Problem with r2. in two voices
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 20:32:30 +0000

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 2:03 PM, Cynthia Karl <address@hidden> wrote:
But I don’t want to make it visually that there are two voices here, I want to make it visually explicit that there is a single voice.  That’s why each voice has issued the \oneVoice command before asserting the r2.  And why is it only rests and notes that have augmentation dots are affected in \oneVoice mode this way? There is no way other than clashing note column warnings to tell that two voices have each issued concurrent rests in \oneVoice mode.  It’s just kind of weird that augmentation dots get this special treatment.

I think you are misusing \oneVoice here; it isn't for merging things into a single voice, but rather for telling LilyPond that there is only one voice that it needs to position on the staff. If you are still `feeding' it two (or more) voices you will have to do some extra work to tell LilyPond what to do or you will get errors and/or unintended output.