Re: converting old to new version not working right

From: Jim Long
Subject: Re: converting old to new version not working right
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 13:52:41 -0800

> but when I convert this file with the command
> convert-ly -edc --from=2.13.8 part-vocal-keyboard.ly
>
> it adds on top of the file \version "2.16.0"
>
> I have version 2.18.2 installed.
>
> why is it only updating to version 2.16.0?

Sorry, I didn't read closely enough and check your args against
the man page.

-d says that the version number won't be changed if the file
doesn't require any modifications.  I would surmise that the code
you're using, once raised to 2.16.0, requires no further mods to
run under 2.18.2.  Therefore, the version statement is updated
only to 2.16.0.

Lose the -d switch if you don't want that behaviour.

HTH,

Jim