Re: converting old to new version not working right

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: converting old to new version not working right
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 00:32:50 +0100

>  OK, transferred the file to another box withe same Lilpond version (2.18.2).
>
> I get this:
> $ convert-ly -e --from=2.13.8 part-vocal-keyboard.ly
> convert-ly (GNU LilyPond) 2.18.2
> and the first line reads \version "2.18.0"
>
> $ convert-ly -ec --from=2.13.8 part-vocal-keyboard.ly
> convert-ly (GNU LilyPond) 2.18.2
> and the first line reads \version "2.18.0"
>
> This looks as if the default is not accurate

See:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/usage/invoking-convert_002dly

"
Note: convert-ly always converts up to the last syntax change handled
by it. This means that the version number left in the file is usually
lower than the version of convert-ly itself.
"

I've to admit this caused irritations before

Cheers,
  Harm