Re: How do I create vertical space between staff lines

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: How do I create vertical space between staff lines
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 01:34:45 +0100

Am 12.02.2015 01:26, schrieb Stan Mulder:
I have created a lead sheet with Intro, Chorus and Ending. It's all one
continuous song, but I want to separate with white space the staves of the
Intro from the Chorus, and I want to separate the Chorus from the Ending. So
I would end up with three distinct sections. I'm doing this so that players
who are improvising can more easily see where these sections begin and end.

So, instead of this:

Intro
Verse
Chorus
Ending

I would end up with this:

Intro

Verse

Chorus

Ending

I've searched, but can't seem to pull this together. How is this done?
Just off the top of my head: Either you use different \scores for the sections (eventually with indent = 0) and increase score-system-spacing <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/flexible-vertical-spacing-paper-variables#list-of-flexible-vertical-spacing-paper-variables> or, if you don’t mind a little hack, you attach a blank markup to a note in the top staff of the system (btw: mind the difference between systems and staves, it reduces confusion) which follows the intended gap, e.g. ^\markup \vspace #5 or ^\markup \huge \strut (didn’t try these, just adjust them to your needs).

HTH, Simon

Stan