Re: problem overriding fonts

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: problem overriding fonts
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 11:37:03 -0700 (MST)

Noeck wrote
> Hi Kevin,
>
> thanks for your reply. Yes, this is a workaround, but I want to have these
> changes in a style sheet without touching things like \italic in the
> document.
>
> The problem seems to be that font attributes are overwritten by the
> font-name
> \override:
>
> http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/internals/font_002dinterface
>
> Can I change the font without change more than the font?

Joram,

It took some doing, but here's a solution for you. The text in a \tempo is
controlled in the MetronomeMark grob. Looking at the procedure for
formatting the text, there's no reason that I can see that

\override Score.MetronomeMark.font-name = #"Century Schoolbook L"

shouldn't work, but it doesn't (bug report!). To get around this, you can
easily add a new text font-family and then set the MetronomeMark to that:

%< ----------------------------- SNIP

\version "2.18.2"

\paper {
  fonts = #
  (make-pango-font-tree
   "Linux Libertine O"
   "Linux Biolinum O"
   "Ubuntu Mono"
   (/ (* staff-height pt) 2.5))

  % HERE'S WHERE THE MAGIC HAPPENS :)
  (add-pango-fonts fonts 'tempoFont "Century Schoolbook L" (/ (*
staff-height pt) 2.5))
}

% AND HERE'S THE OVERRIDE
\layout {
  \override Score.MetronomeMark.font-family = #'tempoFont
}

{
  \tempo \markup { Andante \italic con \bold moto \medium etc }
  a1^"Now it works!"
}

Now, the \layout and \paper blocks can go into your stylesheet.

HTH,
Abraham