Re: Caesura in Rehearsal Mark over each line of system

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Caesura in Rehearsal Mark over each line of system
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 19:32:30 -0500

Hi Conor,

> In the particular score I am working on, I have only this one mark (it's
> about 30 measures long total).
> What would an example of your suggestion look like, as I can see your concern
> applying down the road.

Snippet included below.

1. In both scores, the breath mark appears in all Staff contexts (because it’s
in \global, which is included in every Staff).
2. In the second score with the Mark_engraver moved to the Staff context level,
the ‘A’ rehearsal mark is above every Staff — likely not desired behaviour.

In general, the \global variable should contain everything that you want in
every Voice — like time signatures, tonalities, etc. — and engravers should be
\consist-ed at the appropriate level to display the grobs where they are
needed/desired.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.
_________________________

\version "2.19.15"

\paper {
  ragged-right = ##f
}

global = {
  \key d \minor
  \tempo "Lugubrioso" 4=22
  \time 4/4
  s1
  \time 3/4
  s4*3
  \breathe
  \mark \default
  \time 5/8
  s8*5
  \breathe
  \time 4/4
  s1
}

theNotes = {
  c''1
  c''2.
  c''4. ~ 4
  c''1
}

\markup "With Mark_engraver at the Score level (= default):"
\score {
  <<
    \new Staff << \global \theNotes >>
    \new Staff << \global \theNotes >>

}

\markup "With Mark_engraver moved to the Staff level:"
\score {
  <<
    \new Staff << \global \theNotes >>
    \new Staff << \global \theNotes >>