Indenting arbitrary lines

From: David Bellows
Subject: Indenting arbitrary lines
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 08:22:52 -0800

I have an odd request that I'm hoping someone will have some ideas for.

1. I want all lines to be indented (like the first line).
2. Except when I specifically tell Lilypond not to indent. Like the following:

c4 d4 \bar""\break \don'tindentthisnextbit e4 f4 g4 ...

The project I'm working can generate musical acrostics (originally
mesostics but I've expanded a bit) and need to be able to format
staves in this manner in order to differentiate between a line that is
continuing from the previous one (indent) and one where the first note
is part of the acrostic (no indent). In case anyone's curious (and to
help visualize):
http://www.reddit.com/r/musicandpoetry/comments/2vsg6u/musical_mesostics/

And my first pass at doing it myself (without the indentation -- you
can see the problem):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Jk3Yrq1rrdaWNCVVJYMWtkdnM/view

Thanks!