Re: Cue notes with lyrics?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Cue notes with lyrics?
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 17:35:37 +0100

<address@hidden>:
> Hi Rutger, Hi Harm,
>
> Harm, do you remember what you did here :
> http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=347

No, I didn't. lol

> If I follow your example it goes :
>
> \version "2.18.2"
>
> oboeNotes = \relative c'' {
>   c2 r8 d16\f f e g f a
>   g8 g16 g g2.
> }
>
> \addQuote oboeNotes
>   \new Voice = "cue"
>   \oboeNotes
>
> lyr = \lyricmode {
>   xy a b c d e f g a h i
> }
>
> <<
>   \new Staff
>     \new Voice = "Oboe" \oboeNotes
>     \new Lyrics \lyricsto "Oboe" \lyr
>   \new Staff
>     \new Voice
>       \relative c'' {
>         c2
>         <<
>         \cueDuring #"oboeNotes" #1 { r2 }
>         >>
>         g2 c,
>       }
>     \new Lyrics = "cueLyrics"
>       \lyricsto "cue" {
>         \set fontSize = #-4
>         a b c d e f g a h i
>       }
>>>

> (or am I missing something ?)

Well, your code and the linked LSR.snippet, both manage to assign
lyrics to a quoted Voice, but the Lyrics themselves are _not_ quoted.
Whereas my most recent code does, although there is ofcourse wide room
to improve it.

Now it depends on what the requester needs/wants.

Nice to have both possibilitie in one thread.

Cheers,
  Harm