Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 137, Issue 62

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 137, Issue 62
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 20:20:37 +0100

> I have run into a couple of anomalies with the \articulate command and the
> abbreviation "rit."
>
> First,
>
> \version "2.19.15"
> \include "articulate.ly"
>
> \score{
>     \unfoldRepeats \articulate
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>     \new ChoirStaff <<
>         \new Staff c-"rit."
>         \new Staff c-"rit."
>     >>
>     \layout { }
>     \midi { }
> }
>
> throws a warning:       warning: Two simultaneous tempo-change events,
> junking this one
>                                 warning: Previous tempo-change event here
>
> If "rit." is replaced with "\markup { "rit." }, no warning is thrown. Section
> "1.8.1 Writing text" pretty much implies that those two ways of generating
> text are equivalent.
>
> I don't think this warning should occur.  Isn't it a common thing to place
> such a notation in all staves so that if parts are generated, each part will
> have the notation.

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/repeats-in-midi

"
When creating a score file using \unfoldRepeats for MIDI, it is
necessary to make two \score blocks: one for MIDI (with unfolded
repeats) and one for notation (with volta, tremolo, and percent
repeats). For example,

\score {
  …music…
  \layout { … }