Re: How to increase the distance between systems? (new try)

From: Kaj
Subject: Re: How to increase the distance between systems? (new try)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 18:27:18 +0100

Hi Joram!

Yes, you are right!

But so am I. And this might be because of a possible bug I have discovered, and which I described in the last paragraph in very first (and, well second, because I corrected the code paragraph which was distroyed during the first transmission).

These two ways of writing, should be equivalent:
    \override Staff.VerticalAxisGroup.staff-staff-spacing = #'((basic-distance . 15))
    \override Staff.VerticalAxisGroup.staff-staff-spacing.basic-distance = #15
but they are not.

In my example, I used the first way of writing, since I did not get the second format to work. And this is of course because of the conditions you have so instructively described. But at that time I did not know anything about that. However I observed that by chosing the first format I could change the staff to staff distance, and this still works, also in your example. If I use the first format that can replace the "StaffGrouper" sentence:
        \override StaffGroup.StaffGrouper.staff-staff-spacing.basic-distance = #15.

Now, however, I understand that this is off the road, and indeed should not work, and therefore not ought to be used. Probably the possibility will be closed in the future, when someone has corrected the error.

So well, possibly even you have realised something. Thank you for showing me the right way...!
/Kaj