Your thoughts on Lilypond exposure (2015)

From: Grey
Subject: Your thoughts on Lilypond exposure (2015)
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 22:24:54 -0700 (MST)

A little late but I hope everyone is have a great year. None the less back to
the subject at hand.

I know, and I'm sure many people here know that there is a vast amount of
people out there who wants to learn to play and read music. But as always,
"*where do I find the time, where do I start, it seems complicated etc etc*"
comes about.

Lilypond is great but it seems the majority of people who uses it are either
programmer who has some technical background, which in my opinion is such as
waste. It's hard enough just for someone to start learning reading music in
general, tell them that they need to learn to code and the number one cause
of heart attack might just be that.

I was wondering, that is if anyone is interested, in starting this year with
a *hackathon project*  with me. I've been working at a sheet music site for
about 3 months now, mostly tweaking the UI for marketing while trying to
maintain a very clean UI and great UX.

The idea is to market the site not as sheet music site but a musical
composition site where the UI encourages creating musical scores, in which
people create composition for their favorite music and then other user feed
off of them so the idea is to make a piece pitch perfect. Sometime, and it
might be my OCD talking, but it bugs me that a single pitch is a little
lower then I would like and it always annoy me when it gets to the part of
the song, and it takes me like a week to get used to that single pitch. I
just want to change that single pitch but don't want to start from scratch.

I fleshed out a lot of the marketing already, so if anyone here feels they
are up for the challenge let me know so I can post the file for you to look
at.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/grey-gum/88/ba3/a5