Lyrics to second voice messes up following measure

From: Philipp Legrum
Subject: Lyrics to second voice messes up following measure
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 17:03:08 +0100

Hello fellow LilyPonders,

yesterday I stumbled over a problem involving lyrics assigned to a (cue) voice in a bivocal measure. Assigning a syllable to the *last note* of the bivocal measure messes up the subsequent monovocal measure (and all subsequent ones).

Since I am a lilypond beginner, it's likely I am missing the obvious here. Lilyponds behaviour, however, seems illogical to me and cumbersome to work around.

I boiled down the behaviour to an attached 10-line example:
Add another syllable to the lyrics (line 6) and watch the note in the following measure disappear.

Can somebody help me out here?
Thanks a lot in advance,
Phil