Re: Bug in articulate.ly + TrillSpan + full-measure rests

From: H. S. Teoh
Subject: Re: Bug in articulate.ly + TrillSpan + full-measure rests
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 14:24:15 -0800

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 08:58:07AM +1100, Peter Chubb wrote:
[...]
> BTW, articulate was developed as a hack for the Artemis robot
> instrument challenge; changes in Lilypond since then mean that it's
> rather out of date.  Some of the functionality is now already in the
> Lilypond C++ core (shortening non-legato notes); it'd be nice to clean
> it up.  Especially as at the time I taught myself scheme and lilypind
> internals enough to create the script; there are lots of things that
> are sub-optimal.  So it really needs a complete rewrite, using some of
> the ideas, but not much of the code.
[...]

I'm very interested in this! While I know that "lilypond is not a
sequencer" and all that, I'd like to be able to leverage lilypond's IMO
superior representation of music to drive nice (or rather, just
tolerable?) performances of my pieces. I'm willing to write my own
scripts, etc., to achieve what I want, but if much of the functionality
can be already available in the articulate script, it would save me a
lot of work.

Elegant or ugly code as well as fine or rude sentences have something in
common: they don't depend on the language. -- Luca De Vitis