Re: 4 questions re this file..

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: 4 questions re this file..
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 17:34:13 +0100

Dear Peter,

> 1. I want to make this large but global staff size is set to 23 which I
> believe is the max

You can scale the global staff size up as much as you like. The font is
not designed for it then, but it works without problems.

> 2. I want to only have 2 bars per line

With a staff size of 32, you mostly have 2 bars per line. In order to
force it exactly, you can add a new voice containing
\repeat 4 { s1 s \break }
where 4 is half of the number of measures you have.

> 3. I don't understand why there is a bar check in the lyrics at 1/8

This is issue 99:
There are rests in the music at this point and the bar check is executed
just before the following note (after the rest and not at the barline
before the rest). You can just drop the bar checks in those cases.

> 4. why are there missing hyphens. I put them in the lyrics.

You put the hyphens correctly. LilyPond decides to not print hyphens in
case the space between is too small. You can override this by providing
some minimum space between syllables.
\override Lyrics.LyricHyphen.minimum-distance = 1

Best,
Joram