Re: Lilypond--iPads--Git

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: Lilypond--iPads--Git
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 18:47:53 -0700

On 2015-02-27 11:31 PM, Craig Dabelstein wrote:
Hi Lilyponders,

Does anyone have experience with trying to write lilypond files on their iPad and uploading them to Git?

I'm using the Textastic app on the iPad (because it recognises Lilypond syntax), combined with Textexpander for all my snippets. It syncs to Dropbox, but I can't work out how to commit the changes to my BitBucket account. Does anyone know if this is possible?

FWIW, I'm using github to synch between my Kubuntu desktop using Frescobaldi, and my Android tablet, using either Quoda or VScript as an editor. I use sgit as the frontend to git. If anyone knows of an Android app which either understands LilyPond or can be taught it, I'd be grateful. Quoda and VScript come close-ish in Tex mode, though.

Also, I use git as part of my regular workflow, even when I'm not planning to be away from my desktop: periodic saves locally, followed by a commit with informative message and frequent pushes give me a wonderful warm feeling of "it might be crap but at least I won't lose it".

Cheers,
Colin

--
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both
hands.