Re: 2 questions re this file

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: 2 questions re this file
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 10:32:34 -0000

Peter Teeson wrote Saturday, February 28, 2015 6:59 PM

> I removed the bar checks in the lyrics and all is OK.
> (I put them in because Learning suggested it…)

Yes, sorry about that.  If that section in the
Learning Manual is to be retained I think it needs to
have an explanation and a warning added, saying that
the check for the occurrence of a barline is made at
the start of the syllable _following_ the barcheck.
So if a bar starts with a rest the first syllable in
that bar does not immediately follow the barline,
and a barcheck should not be placed before it, as
there is no barline there.

I'll see if I can draft an amendment ...

Trevor