Re: Customizing staff to display Bohlen-Pierce scale?

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Customizing staff to display Bohlen-Pierce scale?
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 12:00:20 +0100

Maybe also contact people who have worked on the subect:
- Richard Duckworth (address@hidden, see his conference "Lilypond as an editor for Bohlen-Pierce scales").
- Torsten Anders ( http://cmr.soc.plymouth.ac.uk/publications/PerspNewMusic.pdf )

HTH,
Cheers,
Pierre

Hi everyone,

I am new to Lilypond. I was drawn to it for its customizability. I want to
use it to print music in the Bohlen-Pierce scale. I will leave out the
details of the scale for now. What's pertinent here is that I want to set up
Lilypond to use the following scale:

A B C D E F G H J

Nine notes above A should be another A.

There are accidentals: A#, C#, F#, and H#. If this setup can support the
enharmonic accidentals B-flat, D-flat, G-flat, and J-flat, that would be
nice, but not absolutely required. Thus, the full chromatic version of the
scale is A A# B C C# D E F F# G H H# J (13 notes).

The scale should be displayed on a 6-line staff with a treble (G) clef on
the 2nd line. I have already gotten this part working. I would also like the
3rd staff line to be dashed. That would be awesome.

Eventually I'd like each chromatic note to output a different MIDI pitch,
although the particular mapping is not important as I can remap it in my
synthesizer.

I would appreciate any help!