Re: exercises book

From: Carlo Vanoni
Subject: Re: exercises book
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 23:00:32 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Simon,

thanks for the answer.
Well, your code helped me. In fact, my problem was that I was not sure I can create multiple \score {}.
By creating a \score for each exercise, inserting your code in the brakets, I was able to create the exercises page.
So, I have something like this

\score
{
<< \new ChordNames \chordsExI
\new StaffGroup \with { instrumentName = "Ex 1" } <<
\new Staff \musicExI
\new TabStaff \musicExI >>

}

\score
{
<< \new ChordNames \chordsExII
\new StaffGroup \with { instrumentName = "Ex 2" } <<
\new Staff \musicExII
\new TabStaff \musicExII >>

}

[...]

Now, I'll like to have each exercise on a single line, or by the way control when to break. I'm able to avoid automatic break by adding \noBreak here and there, but in seems not like the best way to do it. Any better way to force, i.e., to break only after 5 bars for exercise1, 4 bars for exercise2, ...?
Also, if an exercise won't be automatically breaked, it won't fill the page width. How to let every exercise to fill the page width? Tried ragged-last, ragged-last-bottom on \paper definition, but it didn't work.

Many thanks!