Re: drum rest position

From: Carlo Vanoni
Subject: Re: drum rest position
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 09:29:44 +0000 (UTC)

That's exactly what I need! (actually, I've positioned it on -6)
Thank you very much Joram.

Il Giovedì 5 Marzo 2015 10:17, Noeck <address@hidden> ha scritto:

Hi Carlo,

LilyPond prefers to have voices close together but not too close. In
your example, the lower voice avoids a too tight setting on the fourth beat.

But you can position the rests manually with
\override Rest #'staff-position = -4
Meaning, the position on the staff is 4 semitones down from the center
line (i.e. on the lower line). This affects all rests in that voice.
Alternatively you can do it only for one rest:
\once \override Rest #'staff-position = -4

That's how it looks then:

\version "2.18.0"

DrumVoiceOne =
\drummode
{
    hh8 hh < hh sn > hh hh hh < hh sn > hh
}

DrumVoiceTwo =
\drummode
{
    \override Rest #'staff-position = -4  % this is new
    bd4 r8 bd r4 r
}

\score {
    <<