Re: Clef position after change in LilyPond

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Clef position after change in LilyPond
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 01:29:24 +0100

Hi,

I think I found something here:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/internals/clefmodifier

> clef-alignments (list):
>
>     '((G -0.2 . 0.1) (F -0.3 . -0.2) (C 0 . 0))
>
> An alist of parent-alignments that should be used for clef modifiers with
> various clefs

I assume, the values are the differences to the positions in 2.18 which
presumably were (0 . 0). First tests confirm this.

These questions remain for me:
1. There is no such way to change the vertical position per clef?
2. Is there a way to specify different values for change clefs or cue
   clefs?
3. What property should I change for vertical adjustments?
   extra-offset?

The documentation text here could be improved by appending:
Each tuple consists of the clef name (G, F, etc.), the horizontal offset
from the center of the clef used for modifiers below the clef and the
corresponding horizontal offset for modifiers above the clef.

Cheers,
Joram

http://joramberger.de/files/ClefModifier.pdf