Re: Help please with alternate jazz chord naming system

From: Peter Teeson
Subject: Re: Help please with alternate jazz chord naming system
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 21:35:12 -0400

Hi Tim:
On 2015-03-09, at 2:53 PM, Tim McNamara <address@hidden> wrote:
There is also the pop-chords.ly file that can be used for chord names and I am working on modifying the same file to follow the Roemer chord name conventions which I will make available when done.
Have you finished the Brandt Roemer conventions or is it still a wip?

 It appears that the OP would like Real Book style chord names; the pop-chords.ly file is easily modified.  It may be in the Lilypond snippet repository.  If not I can send a copy to the OP.
I am the OP <grin>. In fact I have both a "C" Edition Ultimate Jazz Fakebook published by Hal Leonard 1988/
this is a typeset book and was good for gigs.

I also have a "Real" book which was given to me. Don't like the font but the chord changes are OK.

respect…

Peter