Re: How to remove tags from music returned by \keepWithTag ?

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: How to remove tags from music returned by \keepWithTag ?
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 04:34:07 +0000 (UTC)

Jim Long <lilypond <at> umpquanet.com> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 10:49:05AM +0100, Thomas Morley wrote:
> >
> > Something in
> > http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=871
> > which matches your needs?
> > (didn't test myself)

> \taggedRep looks especially interesting.  I often use the
> 'extractMusic' family of snippet functions, for cases when a
> phrase repeats, but with slight variation (most conveniently, at
> the beginning or ending of the phrase):

> But \taggedRep doesn't quite fit that use case.

The development version has a \tagGroup concept, that is intended
as a general solution to some of the problems LSR snippet 871
is intended to solve.  There is basic documentation in the
version 2.19.16 manuals, and some background here
 http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?can=2&q=4083

For some uses of \taggedRep, a simple alternative is parallel music
<<
  \repeat unfold 16 {c'4 d' e' f'}
  {s1\p s1\< s1*13 s4 s s s\f }