Copying metronome marks to multiple \StaffGroup's

From: H. S. Teoh
Subject: Copying metronome marks to multiple \StaffGroup's
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 10:55:40 -0700

Hi,

Apologies if this is already answered somewhere, 'cos I couldn't find it
in the docs or on google, but I'm working on an orchestral score and
would like for each \tempo marking to appear above each orchestral choir
(winds, brass, strings). E.g., I'd like to just write \tempo 4 = 120
once, and it should print the bpm indication above each \StaffGroup
corresponding with the sections in the orchestra.

I tried playing around with adding/removing "Metronome_mark_engraver"'s
both in the score's \layout block and in each \StaffGroup, but I can't
seem to get it to work. What's the right way to do this?  Thanks!!

Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the
unhappy people. -- despair.com