Re: Copying metronome marks to multiple \StaffGroup's

From: Jim Long
Subject: Re: Copying metronome marks to multiple \StaffGroup's
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 22:58:10 -0700

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 07:30:54PM -0700, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 08:40:20PM -0400, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> [...]
> > Hopefully the snippet below helps.
>
> Thanks so much!!!

<snip>

> A minor issue remains: how do I adjust the vertical distance of the
> tempo marks from the staff immediately below it? It seems uncomfortably
> close in one case where the staff also has a "Solo" marking above it,
> right underneath the tempo indication.

I ran into this just yesterday.

  \once \override Score.MetronomeMark.padding = #2
  \tempo 2 = 60 % bpm

Although, if you've moved the MetronomeMark engraver into a
different context (other than the default 'Score' context), then
you'll have to change the '\override Score...' to match the
context you used.

Also, two staff spaces (#2) may not be the value you want --
adjust to taste.

Jim