Re: path to lilypond executable

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: path to lilypond executable
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 10:38:20 +0100

Am 12.03.2015 um 09:11 schrieb Johan Vromans:
On Thu, 12 Mar 2015 08:29:33 +0100
Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 12.03.2015 um 01:14 schrieb Mattes:
Hmm,  are you looking for the path to the current lilypond executable
or the current lilypond input file?
For the first '(car (command-line))'  might be all you need.

Yes, this is what I'm looking for, thank you.

Please be aware that on vanilla *ix systems this only works if the program
is executed via a PATH search.

E.g., if lilypond is in /usr/bin:

   cd /tmp
   lilypond   --> /usr/bin/lilypond
   cd /usr/bin
   ./lilypond   --> ./lilypond

OK, this means if the result points to "in the current dir" then I should prepend it with the current dir (which is easily possible with the tools I already have).

But I couldn't verify this actually.
I have a binary release (on Debian), installed through the install script. The executable is in ~/lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond (where the "lilypond" path is actually a symlink).

I get
=> /home/uliska/lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond
with each of the following:

cd ~
lilypond test-script.ly
cd ~/bin
lilypond test-script.ly
cd ~/lilypond/usr/bin
lilypond test-script.ly

I'm happy that the result points to the actual lily executable and not to the wrapper script in ~/bin. I don't have a package installation, so I don't know if that would return different reults.
Could someone please try this out for me?

Thank you
Urs

-- Johan