Re: Tweak Down causes extra space

From: Jim Long
Subject: Re: Tweak Down causes extra space
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 13:23:22 -0700

Hi, Craig.

Just for a different perspective, I always put form-related marks
like D.C., D.S., Segnos, Codas, Fines, etc. in the global section.
Since they (almost always) need to be in the same location for all
parts, it makes the most sense to me to put them there once, and
then use the \global variable in each part to make sure that all
parts are consistent.

That said, I'm attaching a diff to your original file that shows
how I would do what you're trying to accomplish.  I, too, have
seen that \marks will sometimes distort the musical spacing, but
except for lots of fiddling with X-extents and offsets, I don't
know how to do anything about it.

My approach uses TextScript markup objects instead of RehearsalMark
objects.  I hope it will give you some ideas about alternative
solutions to your problem.

Jim