Re: Tweak Down causes extra space

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Tweak Down causes extra space
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 22:08:01 +0100

Hi Lilyponders,

Has anyone run into this before.

When including a "Da Capo" markup at the end of a file, if it sits above the staff it is fine, but when I uncomment the "\tweak direction #DOWN" command it moves the marking below the staff but adds a heap of  extra space. Please see the attached file.

This has been driving me crazy. I'm sure there is a simple fix that I've overlooked.

Craig

It's caused by \markLengthOn in your global-variable: The spacing-wish of RehearsalMark and Dynamic conflict.

How about:

daCapo = {
  \once
  \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #RIGHT
  \once
  \override Score.RehearsalMark #'break-visibility = #begin-of-line-invisible
  \markLengthOff
  \tweak direction #DOWN
  \mark
  \markup {