Re: building pairs in music functions

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: building pairs in music functions
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 11:42:36 +0000

Thank you both that worked perfectly!

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 10:54 AM, Pierre Perol-Schneider <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Kevin,

See: http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/extending/intermediate-substitution-functions.html
So:

\once \override HorizontalBracket.bracket-flare = #(cons num num)

should work.

HTH,

Pierre

Dear scheme experts,

I am trying to supply a constructed pair as a value for a grob property in a music function, but it seems no matter what I try I get an error such as: `warning: type check for `bracket-flare' failed; value `(num . num)' must be of type `pair of numbers''. A non-working example is pasted below. In addition to the code below, I also tried binding the variables in advance with let* and I tried constructing the pair with cons. I even tried binding a value to the constructed pair, but everything returned the same error. Please help!

Kevin

\version "2.18.2"

rotateBracket =
#(define-music-function (parser location num)
  (number?)
  #{
  \once \override HorizontalBracket.bracket-flare = #'(num . num)
  #})

\relative {
  \rotateBracket #1
  b\startGroup b\stopGroup