Re: [savannah-help-public] Google Code will be no more at 2016-01-25

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Google Code will be no more at 2016-01-25
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 23:03:07 GMT

    assume that the Savane installation on Savannah will eventuall move to
    FusionForge).

There are no such plans at present.

    I would be glad if we could use Savannah

Ok, I'll look into the image-displaying feature.  Unless by some miracle
"someone" else gets there first :).

    while github is able to display images, you
    can't have any non-image attachments, which is very annoying.

Sounds like as much of a killer as not being able to display images.

    My suggestion is to use netpbm programs to filter everything, e.g.

Ok, sounds good.  I wasn't sure if that would be sufficient.

    we have to immediately start with evaluating our options.

If it turns out to be useful, we could set up a lilypond-tmp project at
savannah just for purposes of working on the 4000-issue-import.  Which
sounds like by far the biggest hurdle to me.  Can you dump the current
issues into something readable?  Maybe Assaf can then take a look at it.

You could also try talking to the people at gna, but I don't know who
they are, if anyone.  (A recent minor issue I submitted there has gone
unanswered.)

best,
karl