Re: Enhancement: command line option to transpose N halftones up or down

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Enhancement: command line option to transpose N halftones up or down
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 18:07:04 +0100

Am 16.03.2015 um 16:09 schrieb Simon Albrecht:
Hello Michael,

I think this question is more appropriate for the -user list.
Since I usually call lily from inside frescobaldi, my solution to this
has been defining a variable for the resulting pitch:

\version "2.18"

newTonic = des
music = \relative { c' }

\score {
   \transpose c \newTonic \music
}

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Anyone else knowing how to get this via the commandline? I seem to
recall there was some possibility for custom options or something.

I have done something like that some time ago.

I put these definitions in an include file:
#(define opt-octave (or (ly:get-option 'octave) 0))
#(define opt-note (or (ly:get-option 'note) 0))
#(define opt-alteration (or (ly:get-option 'alteration) 0))

#(define to-pitch (ly:make-pitch opt-octave opt-note opt-alteration))

optionalTranspose = #(define-music-function (parser location music) (ly:music?)
  #{ \transpose c' $to-pitch  $music #})

In the main file, you can use

\optionalTranspose { ...your music ...}

It is a bit cumbersome to specify

lilypond -dopt-octave=... -dopt-note=--- -dopt-alteration=... <filename.ly>

for each file, but aas I used this in a bash script to transpose a tune in *all* keys, it didn't matter.

HTH,

marc

HTH, Simon