Re:Quoted music and midi (Cynthia Karl)

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re:Quoted music and midi (Cynthia Karl)
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 22:39:55 +0000

Cynthia Karl wrote:

> Poke.
>
> Really?  Nobody (else) has an opinion on this (that agrees with mine)?
>Am I
> qualified to submit a bug report?  I have read some comments that imply
>that
> bug reports from Joe User are not welcome.

Please *do* fill out a bug report.  In looking at the Notation Reference
1.6.3, it's clear that the usage you are proposing is consistent with the
recommended usage.  I guess what you'd really like to have is the quoted
notes in the MIDI settings of the voice to which they are quoted.  Your
original report on lilypond-user appeared to be a pretty good bug report.
I believe you could send it to bug-lilypond and it would be accepted.

But just because it is accepted doesn't mean it will be worked on.  We
have a very limited developer community.

Thanks,

Carl