Creating Rest of length of music variable

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Creating Rest of length of music variable
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 18:06:58 +0100

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to create a MultiMeasureRest of exactly the same length as a music variable. I think having read about exactly this but I don't seem to be able to find anything, so I hacked a solution that actually seems to work. But somehow I feel there should really be a better solution that makes better use of what Lily can provide me directly.

So: Can anybody help me with making the attached file cleaner/better/whatever?

Thanks
Urs