Re: Creating Rest of length of music variable

From: Jim Long
Subject: Re: Creating Rest of length of music variable
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 17:40:51 -0700

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 06:06:58PM +0100, Urs Liska wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a way to create a MultiMeasureRest of exactly the same
> length as a music variable.

I've mentioned before that extractMusic is in my standard bag of
tricks.  If it were me, I'd use that.  It's easier than writing
something new that does the same thing.

This does have the limitation that you have to set an arbitrary
size limit, the maximum duration of moments of rest that can be
created via this method.  In this example, that limit is set at
50,000 bars.

Jim