Re: Changing Spacing Between PianoStaff

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Changing Spacing Between PianoStaff
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 08:50:34 +0100

Hi Nolan,
There is no specific command for that, but threre are some workarounds, such as:

\version "2.18.2"

myMusic = \repeat unfold 5 { c d e f g a b c' }

\new PianoStaff <<
  \new Staff \transpose c c' {
    \myMusic
    \myMusic
    \myMusic
  }
  \new Staff {
    \clef F
    \myMusic
    %% put some space here:
    <>^\markup\column { \vspace #5 \null  }
    \myMusic
    \myMusic

Pierre

Is it possible to change the vertical space between the two staves of a PianoStaff on a single line? I get how to do it for the entire context, you simply put "\override StaffGrouper.staff-staff-spacing.minimum-distance = #number" in \with of the pianostaff, but I would just like to do it on a single line. I thought \override at a certain point would work but it does not.

Thanks,
-Nolan