Re: Shorten hairpin

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Shorten hairpin
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 09:59:27 -0500

Hi Kieren,

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 9:21 AM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

On Mar 19, 2015, at 10:01 AM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:
> I suppose a decent solution to this would involve writing the stencil callback for Hairpin to allow displacement of the endpoints.

If this ever *did* happen, I would renew my (sponsor-willing) plea to have the ability to give dimensions in “current moments” — e.g., “shorten this hairpin by the width of a [current] quarter note”.

The width of the NoteHead grob would be easily accessible.  As far as spacing width, I wouldn't know how to approach the problem.

You could use something like the \at function, defined here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/lilypond-devel%40gnu.org/msg49727.html

Don't know if this (or a variant)  ever reached -user.

Best,
David